What Is Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program?
The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a program that will speed up the processing for the full-time studies attending universities and colleges in Canada for Philippines, Vietnam, China & India. The SDS Program is supported by Scotiabank, a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotiabank will provide eligible students with the opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC), which will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program.
“The program will be officially launched at the end of February when updated instructions will be posted on IRCC website”, Ms. Lise Pouliot Consul and Migration Program Manager (IRCC), Consulate General of Canada in HCMC said.
Concerning the CES program, she said it will continue in parallel to the SDS until June, so that future students can adjust to the new program.
SDS Program Requirements
Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
– Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CEGEP;
– An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within past two years;
– Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada;
– Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year; AND
– Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
The Major Advantages Of Applying Under SDS Are:
– Streamlined visa process for all SDS eligible institutions.
– Less financial documentation.
– Faster visa processing time.
By Culture Magazine