Originally, the Canada Express Study (CES) program was an 18-month pilot initiative by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), in cooperation with Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan). Recently it was made permanent. The program is open only to Vietnamese nationals intending to study in Canada at one of the participating colleges and institutes. Launched on March 1, 2016, the program provides a streamlined study permit application process for students planning to attend a CES member school. CES aims to reduce the stress of students who are preparing to leave home and study in Canada by improving the Study Permit application process. Due to the demand and success of the program, it was made permanent.
Advantages Of Applying Under CES
Following are the major advantages of applying under CES:
- Streamlined visa process for all CES participating institutions.
- Reduced financial document requirements.
- Faster visa processing time.
Participating colleges are members of CICan, a national, voluntary membership organization representing publicly supported colleges, institutes, cégeps and polytechnics in Canada and internationally. At the time of publishing this article, there were 55 participating members. See the list of participating college partners below.
Scotiabank is the only participating Canadian financial institution that supports the Canada Express Study Program through their Scotiabank Student GIC Program (SSGP). Scotiabank provides eligible students with the opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) that satisfies the financial statement requirements of the Canada Express Study program. A GIC is a Canadian investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time. For more information see scotiabank.com
Students applying for a program under CES must meet the following eligibility criteria:
– Admission to a full-time program in one of the participating CICan member institutions in Canada.
– Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one year.
– An overall IELTS score of 5.0 with no band less than 4.5, taken within the past two years.
– Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada.
– Submission of visa application 60 days prior to the start date.
– Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
Participating Colleges And Institutes:
3.Bow Valley College
4.British Columbia Institute of Technology
9.Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology
10.College of New Caledonia
11.College of the Rockies
13.Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology
16.Emily Carr University
19.George Brown College
22.Kwantlen Polytechnic University
24.Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology
27.Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology
29.Medicine Hat College
31.New Brunswick Community College
34.North Island College
35.Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
36.Northwest Community College
38.Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology
41.Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
42.Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
43.St. Clair College
44.University of Fraser Valley
45.Vancouver Island University
By Culture Magazine